There are three types of false lashes( lash extensions): synthetic, silk and mink. The Sizes range from 6mm to 17mm. There is a choice between individual or strip lashes. If looked after properly, they can last between four and six weeks. When having lashes professionally done, avoid touching the lashes for 24 hours to allow the glue to fully dry. Also, don’t get them wet during that 24 hours either. Lash extensions typically last the same lifetime as your natural lash cycle, which is between 4-6 weeks. However, to avoid them looking patchy as they grow out, most lash salons usually recommend top ups after 2 or 3 weeks to keep lashes looking completely full and uniform. In addition to avoid damage to your natural lashes lash extensions are best removed professionally by your lash technician.
False lashes top products
If you thought that false eyelashes were reserved purely for the stars of stage and screen then think again. Modern false eyelashes will add impact to your eye makeup look, and are super easy to apply. Pick from soft and natural, or glitzy and wild. Without the need for mascara. For instance….
- Eylure Volume False Lashes 107
A vintage style lash that is a favourite style amonst beauty lovers. An ideal evening wear lash
Ardell Magnetic Eyelashes Double 110
Ardell Magnetic Lashes have four magnetic strategically placed on the lash band for a seamless fit the magnetics are smaller for less noticeable appearance. Lash band is pre-curved for a perfect contoured fit to lash line. In addition the lashes include a top lash and bottom lash that lock together for a budge-proof fit.
No adhesive needed!
A gorgeous day to night lash – ideal for the girl on the go. Eylure strip lashes enhance the natural beauty of your eyes. Suitable for all eye shapes, they are ideal for regular wear or a special occasion.
Top 10 false lash tips
- Carefully remove the lash from the tray using tweezers or an applicator
- Measure the lash against your lash line
- Trim the lash from the outer edge if necessary
- Apply a thin layer of lash adhesive to the lash band
- Position the lash as close to the natural lash line as possible, and press down into place in the centre of the eye
- Adjust the two outer edges until they both sit securely on your lash line
- Understanding your eye shape will help you work out the best make-up to suit your face
- Use eyeliner to camouflage the strip’s band or glue
- Reuse your lashes. Most lashes can be worn multiple times
- When you remove them, gently rub oil in the false lashes. Run warm water over them and pat dry. Now they are ready to be used again.
If you are after something that lasts a little longer you should try individual eyelash extensions, not only are they the most natural looking, but they can last up to eight weeks making them ideal for holidays.